The Marina Bay Sands Hotel Skypark definitely deserves its own blog post. I have visited almost 40 countries and the 57th floor infinity pool still stands out as one of my favourite travel experiences to date.
MARINA BAY SANDS HOTEL
- What an incredible hotel. With it’s three towers and what looks like a surf board resting on top, it is certainly one of a kind! The ‘SkyPark’ comprises of the ‘Observation Deck’ the Instafamous ‘Infinity Pool’ and multiple bars/restaurants – and it covers an almighty three acres 57 floors above the ground!
- MBS was recently featured on the BBC show Amazing Hotels: Life Behind the Lobby. There are 9,500 staff who cater for over a million guests every year! It cost £3.5 billion to build and its creation was part of a Government initiative to triple Singapore’s income from tourism within 10 years.
THE OBSERVATION DECK
- You can visit the Observation Deck regardless of whether you are staying in the Marina Bay Sands hotel or not. You can book tickets here for $23 (Singapore dollars) each.
- Here you can enjoy beautiful 360 views of the Marina Bay area including the Gardens by the Bay, the Singapore Flyer and the iconic city sky-line. If you choose to visit after sundown you can also enjoy the Spectra Light and Water show in the Marina (more details below).
- It was the weekend of the Singapore F1 when we visited so the streets were lit up as you can see in the second photo down!
THE INFINITY POOL
- Unfortunately, visiting the infinity pool on the 57th floor is only an option if you’re actually staying in the hotel. Having visited the Observation Deck on our first visit to Singapore in August 2014, we were desperate to experience the pool too. So, we visited again in September on our way home from our 2 month trip around South-East Asia. On our very last night we treated ourselves to a room at MBS!
- We used the pool both day and night and loved it. The views are fantastic. And oh my the towels and robes are sooo fluffy!
SPECTRA LIGHT AND WATER SHOW
- This 15 minute light and water show is free and takes place on the water at the Event Plaza along the promenade in Marina Bay.
- Set to music and with the beautifully illuminated city sky-line behind, it is yet another memorable and magical experience.
- Enjoy it from the promenade or 57 floors up at the Observation Deck.
- Oh did I mention it is FREE?!
The Marina Bay area is a must-see if you are in Singapore!
Have you been before?
Did you stay at MBS?
Let me know in the comments!